Monday, October 1, 2007

Amigurumi

Cute Japanese crafts!


The above are eggs in a cart and the shells open up.

I stumbled onto a book about cute Japanese crocheting patterns and realize what a niche it is. People are obsessed, as one book describes "so cute you could cry..."
Amazon reviewers best love The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo which includes how-to patterns.



After looking at the pictures in the book, I had to feast my eyes on some tangible items for sale and the natural place to then look for the real objects was Etsy ...and look what was peeping out of the pumpkin patch:

Pumpkin Moon Bun
(artist from VA)
Happy Eggs (artist from NYC)

Hey, then I noticed that the two ones I picked out were from our places of residence... coincidence? I think NOT!

2 comments:

Jennifer Hsu said...

i love aranzi aronzo characters! i'm spending this winter learning to knit a panda...

Unknown said...

Are those eggs in the book?