Saturday, December 1, 2007

My running list of gift ideas



bird vase by Joanna Mendicino (via a cup of joe)




Kristian Vedel Birds: "Designed in 1959 and still handturned in a small village in Denmark, each bird features a body and free-moving head that can be balanced to create expressions ranging from happy to sad to curious to suspicious..."

wooden USB stick from the Dutch designer Oooms (via designsponge)

kiva gift certificate: "Kiva lets you connect with and loan money to unique small businesses in the developing world. By choosing a business on Kiva.org, you can 'sponsor a business' and help the world's working poor make great strides towards economic independence.."

2 comments:

Jannell Turner said...

so glad to learn about such a great organization!

Jannell Turner said...

By the way, I used to have a black cat named Kiva ... I don't remember if I had him when we went to Japan but it was right before then, and I had to end up giving him to a nice lady I met at the vet in Memphis b/c at that time I had 3 cats and it was too much.